The purpose and mission of the Allen County Jail Chaplaincy is to bring comfort, encouragement, and hope by ministering
the redemptive love of god to jail inmates and where appropriate, to jail staff.
• Under-girded by Christ’s teachings concerning the dignity and worth of
regardless of the severity of any wrongful behavior by that
• Ministering to the religious and spiritual needs of the jail community.
• Provides the inmate population with religious and personal counseling.
• Coordinates worship services within the facility.
• Assists inmates in matters related to personal growth.
• Serves as an extension of the Church by providing access to authorized
pastors to minister to their parishioners.
• Conduct worship and educational programs within the facility.
• Administers access for authorized leaders of other faith traditions.
• Challenges inmates to be reconciled with God and to prepare them to live productive lives.